The mission of the Martin House is to help some of the poorest people in one of the poorest parts of Trenton, the Wilbur section, earn the American dream - through home ownership and education.
Martin House is a diocesan inner-city ministry that seeks to offer hope and opportunity to the people it serves by securing housing, education, clothing and appliances.
Martin House also offers services to parishes in the Diocese of Trenton with representatives for Sunday Masses, gatherings and prayer-reflection groups. The purpose of these programs is to involve the people of the diocese in thinking about the pervasiveness of racism and the reorganization of inner-city goals with a humanitarian focus.
Better Community Housing of Trenton, Inc.
- volunteers to do construction of houses
- involves volunteers who are professionals
- seeks donations and discounts from appropriate vendors
Martin House Learning Center
- tutoring for pre-school, grades K-6, high school, and in English as a second language
- youth activities include after school program, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, sports, dance, theater and arts
Martin House Clothing Store
- accepts donations of clothes, furniture and household goods. All materials must be immediately usable with at least nine months of usability
Young Adult Men of Trenton Initiative, Inc.
- a supervised residence with an individualized plan of personal development
- Thanksgiving food baskets
- Christmas clothes and toys
- food, especially between October and April
794 East State Street
PO Box 1025
Trenton, NJ 08606-1025