Eucharistic Congress 2012
Diocese to mark 'Year of Faith' with first Eucharistic Congress
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M. has announced that the Diocese of Trenton will begin the Year of Faith proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI with a Eucharistic Congress. Everyone in the Diocese of Trenton – and beyond – is encouraged to attend all or part of this gathering. This three day celebration of our faith in the presence of Jesus Christ in our midst will take place October 12 to 14, 2012 at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel.
- Friday, October 12 will be devoted to youth from 7th and 8th grade and high school. Priests and Seminarians of the Diocese will convene on Friday evening.
- Saturday, October 13 will focus on the theme of Family for people of all ages, with special events for young children, young adults (20s & 30s), married couples and veterans.
- Sunday, October 14 will focus on the many cultures and languages that make up the People of God.
Activities throughout the Eucharistic Congress will, of course, include Mass and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. There will also be opportunities to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Those who attend will be instructed, entertained and uplifted in faith. Set aside the weekend of October 12 to 14, 2012 and plan to gather, celebrate, and pray!
Eucharistic Congress Planning Committee
Bishop O'Connell has called together a regional Eucharistic Congress for all the clergy, religious and faithful of the Diocese, to be held at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey, from Friday, October 12 through Sunday, October 14. To assist in the planning of and preparation for this Congress, the first ever in the history of the Diocese of Trenton, he has appointed a committee under the co-chairmanship of Father Pasquale Papalia, pastor of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Whiting, and Father Brian Woodrow, Chaplain to Hospitals, Mercer County. The following members of the Diocese have agreed to serve on the committee:
Father Brian Woodrow
Chaplain to Hospitals, Mercer County
Father Pasquale Papalia
Pastor, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Whiting
- Mr. Robert Abatemarco, Principal, Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank
- Rev. Robert Benko, OFM Conv., Pastor, St. Peter Parish, Point Pleasant Beach
- Mrs. Rayanne Bennett, Executive Director of Communications, Diocese of Trenton
- Rev. Alcides Castro Lopez, Parochial Vicar, Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Trenton
- Mrs. Terry Ginther, Executive Director of Pastoral Life and Mission, Diocese of Trenton
- Rev. Michael Hall, Parochial Vicar, St. Barnabas Parish, Bayville
- Deacon Edward Heffernan, Deacon, Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Moorestown
- Ms. JoLynn Krempecki, Associate Director, Office of Catholic Education, Diocese of Trenton
- Rev. William Lago, Catholic Chaplain, The College of New Jersey
- Sister Eleanor McCann, RSM, Associate Director, Office of Worship, Diocese of Trenton
- Sister Kathleen Nace, SSJ, Principal, St. Rose High School, Belmar
- Rev. Daniel Peirano, Pastor, Christ the King Parish, Long Branch
- Dr. Daniel Rossi, State Deputy, Knights of Columbus
- Mrs. JoAnn Tier, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Diocese of Trenton
- Rev. Msgr. Leonard Troiano, Pastor, St. Pio of Pietrelcina Parish, Lavallette